Oratory of the Sacrament and hospital complex (15th century).
The first news dates back to 1571, on the occasion of the pastoral visit of Pietro de Lunel; of the brotherhood there is very limited archival documentation, a statute of 1795 and three incomplete registers are known where the entries and exits from 1589 to 1742 are noted.
In 1715 the hospital attached to the church and managed by the brotherhood had 4 rooms " Two to house the pilgrims and two for the use of the hospital ".
The hospital closed in the same year by order of Bishop Lascaris " due to the serious inconveniences that arise in the rooms destined for the hospital annexed to the aforementioned fraternity ".
Next to it there is the hospital, consisting of the house for the hospital, the gate to delimit the isolation, a large room used as a ward, a kitchen and other service rooms; on the ground floor the Monte Frumentario warehouse.
The stone building has a gabled roof.
It takes the light from an oculus, placed in the center of the facade, modest on the outside, is adorned with a single brick portal.
Inside the oratory is bare and essential, the left wall had to be entirely frescoed, traces of it emerge, including a Madonna and Child of the fifteenth century.
The altar wall is decorated with a Deposition , dated 1574, attributed to an Angelucci da Mevale.
On the wall behind the main altar, in an area intended as a sacristy and unfortunately not accessible, on the left the Resurrection of Christ , in the center the Christ on the Cross surrounded by the Madonna, Magdalene, San Francesco and San Giovanni Evangelista .
Below, to the right and left of a small niche, there is an inscription that exalts devotion to Christ, with the date 1574, the image of ten brothers dressed in the typical sack of a company of discipline , on the right, above, the Nativity .
NESSI-CECCARONI, From Spoleto to Trevi along the Flaminia, Spoletini Itineraries 5, Spoleto, 1979
The photo gallery and the text were created by Silvio Sorcini .